Blog 1: Hello MIS 587, I am Jessica
My name is Jessica, and I am a Business Architect for a higher ed research institution. As part of my role, I partner with data scientists and data analysts to produce meaningful insights for the university. I have been looking forward to this course to formally learn about BI, as well as the methods and tools available in this space. I am pursuing a Master's in MIS with Business Intelligence & Analytics Certificate, anticipating completion in spring 2020. During my time with this program, my 4 and 6 year old kiddos have been "doing homework" on their "laptops" alongside me - I love seeing their excitement to learn about the digital world around them.
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteA Business Architect sounds like a great position to bridge the technical sides with the business. It sounds like an exciting place to be and your Master's in MIS should help facilitate future conversations. Good luck with the program and your two kiddos. They grow so fast.
Hi Jessica
ReplyDeleteDo you focus on one area for your position or are you looking at university systems as a whole?
Jennifer